Led by the internationally recognized expert on piano teaching, Dr. Scott McBride Smith
- President-Elect, Music Teachers National Association of the United States
- Co-author, world’s best-selling piano pedagogy textbook, The Well-Tempered Keyboard Teacher
- Co-author, American Popular Piano series
- Associate editor, Clavier Companion magazine
- Teacher of prize-winning piano students
- Cordelia Brown Murphy Professor of Piano Pedagogy, University of Kansas
Consistent Leveling and Prestigious Certificates
- 11 student performance levels, featuring The New Millennium Piano Series, Diamond Edition
- Internationally recognized certificates of achievement for each level
- Certified teacher training
- Music for performance based on the latest research in music learning
Participation in U.S. Certified Music Exams brings immense benefits
- Music study meets an acclaimed international standard
- Fair and balanced scoring system administered by trained examiners from around the world
- Over 125 years of exam experience…and still going strong!
- High-achieving students will received a letter of introduction to universities in North America
U.S. Certified Music Exams is proud to partner with the world-renowned Conservatory Canada examination system, creating a North American standard in music education.
Conservatory Canada Heritage
Conservatory Canada‘s roots go back to 1891, when the London Conservatory was first founded. In 1910, the London Conservatory became affiliated with The University of Western Ontario and it became an examining Board. In 1915 that affiliation was dissolved, and in 1919 the Institute of Music Arts was founded (as a teaching institution). In 1922, the London Conservatory and Institute of Musical Arts amalgamated and existed until 1934, when they were incorporated under the name Western Ontario Conservatory of Music. The reach became truly national in 1997 through a merger with The Western Board of Music (established in 1934, serving all of western Canada, and based in Edmonton, Alberta).
Conservatory Canada Mission Statement
Conservatory Canada promotes achievement in music through a comprehensive program of study, evaluation and recognition for teachers and students. Our aim is to foster the development of musical talent and potential.
Students successfully completing Conservatory Canada exams may be eligible for school credit and extra credit for university admission.
Conservatory Canada Values
- We are committed to outstanding service, through caring, prompt and supportive individual attention.
- We treat all teachers, students and examiners with respect.
- We uphold ethical and fair treatment in all endeavors.
- We strive to make every examination a positive experience.
- We champion the recognition and celebration of achievement.
- We embrace progressive change, appropriate to the overall needs of our constituents.